Ministry of Health and Population of Nepal has said it will make PCR COVID-19 tests available for all people. Earlier, one would have to either exhibit symptoms, or show a valid and urgent reason to avail a test (such as inter-district travel) for PCR tests.
PCR tests for asymptomatic people will be available in:
- Province 1: Koshi Hospital,
- Province 2: Narayani Hospital,
- Bagmati Province: Bir Hospital, TU Teaching Hospital, and Patan Hospital.
- Gandaki Province: Pokhara Institute of Health Sciences
- Province 5: Lumbini Hospital
- Karnali Province: Provincial Public Health Laboratory
- Sudur Paschim: Dhangadi Provincial Public Health Laboratory
The government has set the fees for such tests at NRS 5,500.